Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring in Her Step

Spring is finally here! The weather has warmed, blossoms are out, and many of us have had our first bbq of the year, all of the signs are present. The winters in San Francisco are much milder than I'm accustomed to, but I still notice the change and try to mark the occasion properly.

I've had some wonderful times, but I'm not sure just how to go about writing them. A little distance can help to write about something, help the metaphors come together. Perhaps our memories break down into stories over time naturally. I keep important details to myself and hold them sacred--these are held in trust and were never meant to be shared. Names, personal details, identifying information. But my own experience and what lessons I gleam from the experience is something I'd like to write about to help solidify them in my mind.

Right now, I'm mostly just thankful for the warm spring, the stirring life, and always, I'm thankful for such sweet guys whom help me out and make this job enjoyable. I did wonder, before I started, if things would be cold and mechanical if it became a business transaction. Thank goodness, that's not been the case at all. In fact, most of it seems to be much more honest than how other business is done.

I do believe I shall find a lot of preconceptions shall be false. My research continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment