Thursday, September 9, 2010

Supply & Demand

My readers have probably noticed my pricing change, the long running recession special (will it end before or after the recession?)

while a higher price meant fewer clients, it also felt harder--those few clients *had to follow through, and I was always worried if I was getting enough business.  This is so much better.  I finally realize it would be better to go with the recession than work against it. By lowering my rate, I'm able to get more calls, which is actually less work for me.

There was a worry that in changing my rate structure would mean less money, or that I'd have to work so much more that I'd start to burn out, but the opposite has been the case.  Is it strange that lowering my rate has increased my sense of worth? Maybe in a capitalist/profit-driven model, yes. But for me, it's never been about making a quick buck, but about surviving and thriving.

I'm glad I stopped worrying about the image my price would reflect and have continued the special. All of my new clients have been really nice, and I feel more in control of my own business now. In a strange way, I like being more financially accessible to people...just my whorish nature, I guess!

6 comments:

  1. I use to feel the exact same way, then I just like you gave in, I often wounded if I'm cheating myself. But i decided to divide my posting sites and on one half i lowered my price then i have some that still haves my original prices. I guess it just makes me feel better to cash in big ever so often. The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get quite a few multi-hour appointments, so that's where I "cash in big." At first it felt like giving in, but the feeling didn't really last long for me. I don't pay for ads, but if I did, I might feel differently-those ads can get expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they do but some are like 15 dollars and eros is 125-150 ugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your post; we all have to adjust to the economy. In business like life you must adapt in order to survive.

    Another technique you might want to try is have one price for new clients and a lower price for repeat clients. It'll give them an incentive to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lose weight, raise rate

    ReplyDelete
  6. ignore the idiot who said lose weight, you have the body of a real woman, that of a Goddess. a body like yours with great curves are always more enjoyable because they are always softer and warmer, great for body to body rubbing and for cuddeling. to me your body is perfection. your admirer, bob

    ReplyDelete