Saturday, July 3, 2010

Specials & Negotations

This is not the week I was hoping to have, but it's given me a lot to ponder.

The first time I held the 2hrs for the cost of 1, just three days, I got good response so I decided to bring it back.  However, this week, most of the calls that came where guys who only wanted 1hr and wanted to pay half my rate!  Okay, I understand the desire for a deal, but really? Really? Then Thursday rolled around and I started getting real inquiries....but they waited a little long to arrange for this week! It will be a while before I advertise such a special again for just anyone--I believe I may keep this one for returning clients.

It is a curious thing that Thursday seems to be my busiest day. In the middle of the week, I'm not sure why this is but a fellow witchy friend informed me that Thursday is Jupiter's Day (or, depending on your pantheon, Thor's Day) and this is a day that is good for money and business. Jupiter's energy is expansive. Would that mean that Saturday (Saturn, the planet of discipline and limits) is a good day for kink?

3 comments:

  1. Girl who are you telling.... guys are getting outrageous with the negotiations! I get that were in a recession and now they just passed a new law two days ago that everyone working for the state it getting minimum wage. outlandish, this is going to kill my business. I cant stand lowering my prices, but if i want to wait around all day keeping them high or feel ripped of when I lower my price and guys act like those are my "daily prices!!!" Business isn't as good as it use to be. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I think you had a really smart idea with your special. It makes sense for your business and is attractive to new customers. It also reinforces the fact that you care more about building a connection rather than trying to turn through as many guys as possible.

    As for the guys trying to find a loophole for your special, you probably wouldn't have wanted them as a customer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The special is a double-edged sword. The 2-for-1 was meant to attract those customers who want to spend a relaxing time with a sensual companion. They appreciate the experience and appreciate our time.

    But I also see that there is the hobbyist who enjoys the thrill of finding a bargain. Trying to get a cheap price turns them on. And who am I to judge, since I get wet dreaming about overnight appointments? However, I'm just not that girl for them.

    And wow, Celeste--all state workers getting minimum wage!? I guess if they didn't, they'd have to lay off a lot of people. The state of CA is essentially bankrupt, isn't it? I just hope the economy doesn't drive me out into the woods to live like a mountain woman!

    ReplyDelete