Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fishers of Men

Caution: Devout Christians may be offended. Read at your own risk.
(Then again, if you aren't offended already....)

Matthew 4:19

And he said to them, "Come after me and I will make you fishers of men."

Although my actual appointments are not at all like fishing, the time between them is a lot like fishing. First, I prepare the bait--my ad--then wait around for someone to bite. The battle to reel in the fish is the tedious dance of phone calls, screening, scheduling and booking,  each side pulling back and forth, each side willing the other towards them.

But I don't really want to compare my clients to fish caught and eaten. That seems a little too... predatory for me. It's more suitable to my nature to take the religious metaphor and really, am I not a fisher of men?

And I quite like the idea of providing religious experiences.

5 comments:

  1. Men want what is hard too get. Make yourself seem more exclusive and you may have clients waiting in line to see you.

    Companion Helper

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly makes sense. Checked out your blog, and you've got some nice observations--good blog, hope to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think all men want something that is hard to get. I mean, why pay if it is hard to get? Makes zero sense, and is too pejorative in casting this on all men. I have to disagree w/you C Me Now, unless if you like a little dance with your purchase. Different strokes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different opinions here. Perhaps its not the "hard to get part" but the exclusivity? The idea that you are not just one in a long line of men, but privileged in being able to see this lady? Isn't that what sells Apple products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have written more clearly. I meant more exclusive. Many (not all) business men want a woman that the average guy would be unable (or have a hard time) to get. It's a status symbol like a sports car.

    ReplyDelete