Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Double Lives

I am well aquatinted with the double life. Even before my current endeavor, through my parents, family and most adults' actions and words, I quickly picked up that some things were better kept private and away from normal conversation. Mostly, these were grey areas, not publicly or socially accepted, something out of the ordinary.

But this isn't just about my work life this time.  In many ways, this city has transformed me far from who I was in the midwest. Home visits are odd and future visits are sure to be even more so.  I have my country life, and my city life. In all of the events following my mom's sudden illness, I am mostly just thankful that I am not there, forced to be in the middle of it.  As the oldest sibling, it's either all or nothing, it seems.

My other secret, my secret work life, I am enjoying more than I thought I would. Most of whom I've met have been really nice normal people and we have a ball. Now and then, someone flakes and I've only learned more from these guys. I love walking around now, with my little secret inside me. Mostly, people pay me no mind and I slip through crowds unnoticed. No one would guess of my secretly wicked occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment