Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a week of birthdays or sushi for 4

My birthday falls the last week of January, and I had the means and reason for celebration, which had been planned for the weekend but rippled out over the whole week. Most of the time, this is Superbowl time, and my birthday is shared with lots of grunting men and watching tight asses...so I can't complain. For the first time in a while I didn't worry about making my budget.

Sushi is one of my favorites and so I had sushi for my birthday. Two big trays of sushi for four of us. So many varieties, I'd be hard-pressed to name them all--salmon, yellow tail, tuna, teriyaki rolls. Of course, some californias. My very favorite are the spider rolls--soft shelled crab. And bbq'd eel. We did not go hungry that night! We took on those trays like champions and it was well worth the wait until my birthday.

I have seen precious few clients so far, so I daresay I am still in the "honeymoon phase" of this, but I have to confess.... it's everything I dreamed it would be. I hope it lasts. Thank you, gentlemen, each of you, for wonderful afternoons, worry-free encounters and mutual bliss. I could not ask for more. Thank you also, to all my readers, who inspire me to keep this blog.

February is a whole new month to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment