Friday, December 3, 2010

Trust on the Internet

Oh, it's been a rather boring week. The holiday season is picking up for many, leaving little time to sneak away for a little date.  As such, I've had more time for making art, reading and too much time reading the RB forum.

There are little pockets of community within the RB forums. The power of the internet allows any person to anonymously state their most obnoxious thoughts, however, and most posting reflects that. Lately, the trend of topics have revealed the lack of trust between provider & client. Of course, there are real dangers lurking in the shadows of this industry. After nearly a year of occasional wanker calls, late night texts, and long fantasy emails with no intention of a visit, I am careful in how much trust I extend.

Unfortunately, it seems in some cases, the mistrust goes deep. Some men on the boards have some pretty low opinions of the women they hire. And they assume most of us have the same low opinion of them. With such feelings harbored on each side, how can a session even take place?

I think a good fuck can be healing. Human touch, soothing touch, is healing. For healing to take place, I feel some level of trust is necessary, or we may subconsciously reject it.

Now, of course we are here for the money. Otherwise we would just be sluts (in the most positive sense of the word.) But I'd hope no one would do sex work solely for money, because unless you can enjoy it, it's not worth it. Unless you enjoy nakedness, pleasing strangers and reveling in newfound social ostracization, I can't recommend it.

Lucky for me, and all of you, I do enjoy all those things! Okay, the ostracization, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment