Friday, August 13, 2010

Finding Balance

After a period of wanting and waiting, I'm finally starting to find a good balance between work and my other interests. In doing so, work is much less "work-like." I'm enjoying myself so much more when I banish all worry from my space. Less questioning my own motives and goals behind it (I *do tend to over-analyze things) and more going with the flow.

I don't know if most providers are extroverts, that does seem to be the case, but I've always been an introvert.  However, one-on-one is where I start to blossom. I really enjoy focusing on another person and tending to their needs (part of that submissive behavior).

There was also blackberry picking, and the beginnings of a collage series.  Hiking through pockets of urban wilderness is one of the many reasons I love SF. So many blackberries grow all over lands end, berries in different stages of ripeness. I take only the ripest, purple-black berries that pull off so easily.  There are brambles too, but some masochistic tendency in me enjoys that too.  I like slipping in nimble fingers to pick those hidden in the underside of the bush, navigating the thorny stems.  Picking my fill is a bit of an endurance trial, but I gladly endure it. These hard-won berries make the best scones, the best pie.

I have been working on my art a bit more, collecting images, colors and textures for a series of collages about whoring and sacred whoring. I plan on posting some as I finish them.

But the bit of solitude gets me eager to go out once again. The ritual of putting on makeup and dressing up, making myself ready a client, it helps turn my mind into a different mode and builds my excitement for the main event.  In this mode, I'm better able to relax and help relax my client. In finding my center, I hope to be able to pass that on in my sessions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment