Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Change in Course

This time last Sunday, I was planing a week of hotel stays and networking with other providers, eager to do more, see more people. I had no idea that a simple phone call Monday morning would change all that.

Tuesday, I went on an interview and was given a job offer on the spot. More than that, I ended up training that day and asked to come back tomorrow. Not only is it in my area of expertise, but it's a significant pay raise from my previous straight job. 

It felt so odd, almost surreal, to suddenly have legal employment, that it took most of the week to sink in.

I know that I don't want to give this up entirely. I see this as an opportunity to re-make my image based on what I've learned, and allow myself to be more exclusive. Of course, my schedule will be much different now. I may create a new name, perhaps a new blog.  But never fear, I will keep updating, and post any new links as they are available.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulazioni bella ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you already! Congrats! -D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will find a way to include freelance work in a mix for spice alongside your straightlace gig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Good luck on the new job.

    ReplyDelete