Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacationing in the Mountains

Between all the traveling, re-meeting family I haven't met in ages, and dealing with the prerequisite drama, I hardly had time to go on the internet at all. For months, the internet has been my lifeblood and constant companion.  I had a new appreciation for it while I checked my email for the first time in this sleepy mountain town in new mexico.  I sipped coffee at one of the few cafes in the area that offered wi-fi there.

Riding by train is an adventure in itself. If you have the time to make it part of your trip, it's so much more relaxed than the bustle and restrained chaotic near-panic that is airport security. You end up meeting people along the way. I enjoyed creating variations on a story, while learning about other people. I saw a bear from the train. He had just come to a mountain-side watering hole, and was watching a small group of cows that had wandered far from the rest of their herd. I wonder if he dined on steak that eve....

I only have just begun to unwind out here, and actually feel like I'm on vacation. At the same time, I'm plotting my return to San Francisco and eager to meet with a few more wonderful men. I am reminded how much I love this city, how much I enjoy living my independent life just as I wish, largely without judgment. Funny, but the mask I wore at home felt so much more false than the mask I wear when entertaining. I am not sure when that happened, and would much rather embrace my brazen, sexy healer-whore self than live anything like the lives unfolding back home.

This trip has reminded me how much I love to travel. I hope to do it more often in the future. My show's premiere went quite successful, so I may have to opportunity to take it on the road. Until then, I will relax, and try not to get sunburned.

No comments:

Post a Comment